Jim Crocker was born and raised on Cape Cod in a large family with his parents and five sisters. He attended public schools and is a graduate of Barnstable High School.
Jim's parents instilled in him the family values that believe that success is achieved through hard work, and in addition, service to the community was expected and honorable. Most importantly, they taught Jim to love Cape Cod and the Islands, to have the courage to stand up for his convictions, and the fight passionately to serve others.
Jim graduated cum laude with a B.S. in Economics at Suffolk University in Boston. He is also a licensed real estate broker, construction supervisor, home improvement specialist, and a certified Title 5 inspector.
His parents both served on town boards, and were successful small business owners in construction and real estate. Those two businesses, led by Jim, are still mainstays in the Cape and Islands economy.
At the age of twenty-eight, Jim became the President of his first Cape Cod company, and he has created jobs and opportunities in our region for many people over the past thirty-two years. He is also a leader in the business community.
- Founding Investor of Bank of Cape Cod
- Past President of the Cape Cod and Islands Association of Realtors
Jim and his wife Gail started their life together on Cape Cod, raised their children here, and have run their businesses here. With that experience, Jim has working knowledge on how to improve the long term health of the economy heading in the right direction so their daughters will be able to raise their families here too.
Jim has always served the community in many different ways:
- Trustee At Large, Barnstable Fatherhood Program. District Court. Probation Office Program
- Osterville Historic Museum, Advisory Committee Member
- Overnights of Hospitality, Cape Cod Council of Churches program to feed and shelter the homeless
- Our Lady of the Assumption Church: Parish Council/Finance Committee Chair
- Osterville Free Library, Past Director
- Osterville Village Association
- Current Barnstable Town Councilor, 10 years
- Elected Prudential Committee Member, Centerville, Osterville, Marstons Mills (COMM) Fire District.
Jim will always hold the office of State Senate to the highest interest of people of the Cape and the Islands. He will endure the needs of our communities are truly first, and he will work hard in this campaign to earn your vote and trust.